Don't Hate Me Cause I'm Beautiful

Global warming, campus greening, environmental racism, clearcutting, animal rights.

Postby wakwrld on Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:46 pm

by georgia10

'Ann Coulter calls me a traitor. Hannity says I'm evil. Limbaugh thinks I'm a disgusting, sniveling stain upon society. They hate me because I'm a liberal. They hate me because I'm beautiful.
Mary Matlin proclaimed recently that "liberalism is dead." The right wants liberalism to be dead, because liberalism is a beautiful thing. And the radical, right-wing Republicans hate all things that are beautiful.*

They hate love and sex because sex and love are beautiful. They hate the idea of warm flesh against warm flesh, of soft whispers of "I love you". They don't understand the beauty of attraction, unless it's their attraction to bombs, and guns, and hate. They hate genuine love, and especially if that love is between two people of different races, between two people of different faiths, or between two people of the same sex. Liberals love this beauty, this celebration of life. These Republicans hate it, prefering instead to be sanitized, numb, and perverted.

They hate ANWR because it is beautiful and brimming with life. They hate natural beauty because they can never create something so stunning. They will not rest until every last bastion of serenity is covered with grime and filth, and every last ray of light is blocked by a grotesque and blackened oil tower. They do not find beauty in the rolling green mountainside (but are quick to find it in a roll of greenbacks). Liberals appreciate the beauty of ANWR. We stand in awe of it, of the realization that there are things of beauty that our humble hands will never be able to emulate. And these Republicans hate us for that.

The Constitution is a beautiful. It is a proclamation filled with stunning ideals and breathtaking concepts of equality and liberty. (Yeah, it had a blemish here and there, nothing we couldn't fix with an amendment). It's creation of three separate but equal branches of government is exquisite and unparalleled in the world. The allure of its ideals have led nation after nation to taste democracy. Liberals believe in the Constitution. These Republicans hate it. They want to shred it into two hundred and eighteen ugly little impotent pieces, one for each year it dared to inflict justice upon this land.

They hate these things, because these Republicans like only that which is isolated and ugly. They love the corporate, because it is faceles, emotionless. They love greed, because it is a cold emotion. They love war, because the sound of bombs and the bodies in streets arouse them in the way beauty never will.

And you see this ugliness inside them. Their tepid shells cannot contain so much depravity, so their faces and bodies become disfigured and disformed as this darkness just oozes out of their souls.

Rush Limbaugh hates liberals because liberals are beautiful. He stumbles over to his mirror in the morning, looks at his haggard face and clenched jaw and sees the seething hatred he has in his heart etched in his face.

Ann Coulter hates liberals because liberals are beautiful. She hates us because we care about our bodies. She looks in the mirror, at her sunken eyes and her forked tongue (ok, maybe not) and the hatred she carries in her heart has drained the color from her face.

Robert Novak hates liberals because liberals are beautiful. He slumps down in his chair because he is ashamed to hold himself up to the world. His eyes are downcast, small lips persed, eyebrows furrowed into a grotesque "W" because, simply put, he has an ugly soul.

They hate us. They hate that light we carry within us. They hate that sparkle we get in our eye when we talk about things like fairness, and democracy, and freedom. They hate the rippling sound of our laughter as we enjoy the life we have, instead of focusing on other's lives. They hate the brilliant smiles we have when we see others happy and safe, even if they are complete strangers to us. Even if their skin is a different color than us. Even if they pray to a different God than us. They hate the beautiful serenity that envelopes us, us liberals, when we do something and know it is the right thing to do.

We are beautiful beings, us liberals. We have souls of light, awe-inspiring dreams, and stunning courage in the face of the darkness which the Republicans have poured upon us.

Next time you watch an Republican on TV, sputtering away his Rove talking points, scowling as he spits out lie after disgusting lie, take a second and notice just how ugly being this type of Repubilican has become. There is no grace in their party, there is no honor...there is no beauty to behold since the radical right has taken hold.

And then take walk yourself over to a mirror and see the face of someone who is a liberal, one who fights for truth, and beauty. And see how wonderful you truly are... '
wakwrld
Regular

Postby MolonLabe on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:22 am

I don't hate you because you're beautiful, I hate you because you're ignorant, and thats very ugly.
MolonLabe
Regular

Postby ametuerfearie14 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:54 am

that was beautiful.
ametuerfearie14
Regular

life...

Postby briangonzalo on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:34 am

life is beautiful... enjoy life without a chain.
briangonzalo
Regular

Re: Don't Hate Me Cause I'm Beautiful

Postby mcavoy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:41 pm

beautiful indeed..
mcavoy

Return to Environment