The Equality Ride

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and allies.

The Equality Ride

Postby jamiemcd on Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:33 pm

Dear CampusActivism.org members,

There is just over a month left to submit your application to be a member of the Soulforce Equality Ride.

Scheduled for March and April, 2006, Soulforce's Equality Ride is an exciting cross country bus tour designed to confront college policies that ban the enrollment of openly gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender students.

The problem of GLBT discrimination in college settings is larger than most people think. From Brigham Young University to West Point Military Academy, there are around 200 public and private universities in the United States that ban the enrollment of openly GLBT students. Not only is this real world discrimination dehumanizing to GLBT people, but it slams the door on academic freedom -- the principal that should be the benchmark of every institution of higher learning.

The deadline for applications is January 1. Don't miss out on this opportunity to involve yourself in a sustained take-it-to-the streets campaign for equality.

To apply simply go to: www.EqualityRide.com/application_form.php.

If you have any questions about the ride or what you can do to help, please feel free to contact me by email at jake@equalityride.com or by phone at 952-212-8311.

Together, we will make history.

Sincerely,

Jacob Reitan
Equality Ride Director
jamiemcd

Well....

Postby MissNewBooty15 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:27 pm

I don't think it matters who we like. Male or female. I'm straight, but some of my friends are gay or bisexual. This is our choice to make. Nobody elses. We shouldn't be looked at differently just because of this. We are all the same.
MissNewBooty15
Regular

Postby mamimifista on Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:07 am

Jamie you're everywhere!

~Kate (2006 Equality Rider)
mamimifista

Return to LGBTQ