Starting Date: 05-27-2010
Ending Date: 05-30-2010
Highlander Education And Research Center
1959 Highlander Way
New Market, Tennessee 37820
United StatesUFE's Popular Economics Education workshops transform dry economic statistics into memorable learning experiences that connect with people's lives and lead to action.
To multiply our education efforts, UFE also trains and supports a national network of volunteer workshop leaders. This Institute will prepare people to lead UFE's popular economics education workshop, and help build support for campaigns to reduce economic inequality.
This institute is right for you if you are:
* an activist, leader, organizer or trainer engaged in campaigns for economic or social justice;
* an educator, activist, organizer or trainer seeking to improve your training and facilitation skills and become more comfortable presenting information and engaging people in dialog about the economy.
This institute will give you the opportunity to:
* learn about recent national economic trends, the rules and policies that contributed to the Great Recession, the impact of economic trends and policies across race and gender lines; the root causes of migration, some history about popular resistance to economic inequality in the US, and strategies to advance economic recovery and to close the economic divides;
* practice and receive constructive feedback on how to lead discussions and workshops on economic inequality;
* network and build solidarity with others working for economic justice.
Fee: $125 – includes all meals, accommodations, and training materials. Transportation is NOT included in the fee.
To register click here. Registration deadline: April 29, 2010.
Very limited scholarship assistance is available for participants representing community and grassroots organizations with limited financial resources. Please be sure to apply for the training before applying for a scholarship.
Questions?, please contact:
* Jeannette Huezo, 857-277-7881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Steve Schnapp, 857-277-7868 or email@example.com
* Susan Williams, Highlander Education Team Coordinator, 865-933-3443 x229
Geographical Scope: National